3 Days Exciting Weekend Gorilla Trekking Safari
Activities to expect on tour include hiking, bird watching and community visits.
* This tour starts and ends in Entebbe (Uganda)
Park fees, Gorilla permits, Chimp permits, Meals, Drinks, Accommodation, Roundtrip airport transfer, A professional driver/guide, Transportation
Accommodation on the day before the tour departs, accommodation on the last day, international flights (from/to home), tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day), Personal effects
Day 1: Kampala to Kisoro
- Pick from your hotel in Kampala after breakfast
- Drive you to southwestern part of Uganda to Kisoro town which is about 520kms drive about 8-9 hours.
Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Report to the park premises for registration by 8:00am and be briefed by Uganda Wildlife Authority ranger guides after your breakfast, along with your packed lunch.
- Start to trek through the bumpy bushes of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest searching for the amazing Mountain Gorillas. (The trek could take 1-8 hours but depending on the luck of the day.)
- You will also have an opportunity of seeing other species like the birds, monkeys, chimpanzees, beautiful butterflies among others.
*The time allowed to be with these gorillas in Uganda is 1 hour and every minute of the experience is worth the time you spend in search for them.
- From the forest, you could retire take an optional activity like visiting the pigmies or you can relax at the lodge.
During the trekking you may spot animals like black fronted duikers, South African porcupines, golden monkey, giant forest hog, bushbuck, buffalo, giant forest hogs, bush pigs, buffaloes, elephants, and side striped jackals, for kin birders you may see birds like White-naped Raven, Black Kite, Rwenzori Turaco, Blue-headed Coucal, Paradise Fly-catcher, Rwenzori Batis, Double-collared Sunbird, Rwenzori Nightjar, Ibis, Pin-tailed Whydah, Speckled Mousebird, Stone Chat, Grey-capped Warbler, Wax Bills and Yellow-vented Bulbul.
Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala
- Pick up from your lodge/hotel after breakfast
- Check out and drive back to Kampala.
- Stop over at the Igongo cultural centre for lunch and visiting the museum
- Make another stopover at the equator in Kayabwe for photography.