2-Day Kibale Forest Park Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
Amazing Chimps and primates trekking
Kibale Forest National Park offers the best Chimp and primate experience in Uganda with over 1500 individuals, the biggest population of Chimpanzees in Uganda. This beautiful forest also harbors plenty of other primates that you may encounter during the trek such as Red Colobus Monkey, L’Hoest’s Monkey, Grey-cheeked Monkey, Black-and-white Colobus, and Baboons.
Park fees (for non-residents), chimp permits, All activities, Meals, Drinks, All accommodation, A professional driver/guide, All transportation, All Taxes
Accommodation on the first and last day, Roundtrip airport transfer, International flights (from/to home), Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day), Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- A transfer from the airport (or hotel) can be arranged for extra cost
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost
Day 1: Travel to Kibale Forest National park, Evening Nature Walk
- Pick up from your hotel or residence in Kampala or Entebbe is at 7.30am and take the Kampala Mityana highway, and travel to Western Uganda. Drive time: 5 hours
- Mid-way stop over to have lunch and thereafter continue to Kibale Forest National Park enjoying wonderful views of the lush volcanic landscape and the Rwenzori ranges in the distance.
- Check into the lodge and relax and later set out for a nature walk in the Bigodi Wetlands which are located on the edge of Kibale Forest and get to see plenty of nature including monkeys, butterflies, shrubs and plants, and birds.
- Return the lodge by evening, bad dinner and rest.
- Meals & drinks: Lunch & dinner (Breakfast not included) Drinking water (Other drinks not included)
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking in the morning, Travel to Kampala
- Have a quick breakfast and transfer to the park office not later than 7.30am.
- Meet and greet with other travelers and the park rangers who shall then brief you for about thirty minutes after which you set off on the trek into the forest to find the Chimpanzees.
- For the bird lover, over 335 species have been recorded there.
- You shall finally track the Chimpanzees, through the forest for an hour and then return and transfer back to the lodge, have early lunch before checking out and leave for Kampala.
- Meals & drinks: Breakfast & lunch (Dinner not included) Drinking water (Other drinks not included)